Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sunday Morning



This morning I went to Saint Bernard Catholic Church in Anna Maria, Florida, to photograph their First Communion. A young guest violinist was rehearsing a wonderful piece of music with the church organist/ music director. It was obvious the man had true musical talent, and a real passion in his playing. After the rehearsal, he walked to a back room to warm up a bit more. I saw the stained glass behind him and had to capture that moment. I quietly went in and asked if I could take a few shots. He agreed graciously and continued playing. Although I originally planned to make it a silhouette, I changed my mind once I looked at the images. The passion and love for music was so prevalent in his face that I had to bring that out. I am sending him these images. I love my job!

Al

No comments: